In autumn I picked some mushrooms for dyeing. I didn't have time for dyeing then so I dried them. And I remembered them now. After picking I looked up what species they were but can't remember anymore but here they are:
Ma lugesin, et nuuskpiiritus aitab värve seentest paremini kätte saada. Lisasin purkidesse ammoniaaki ja keevat vett (vasakult 1, 3, 2):
I had read that ammonia helps to get more dye out of mushrooms so I added some ammonia and boiling water (from left 1, 3, 2):
Seejärel kuumutasin purke suures potis, kus oli vesi umbes tund aega.
Then I simmered the jars for an hour in big pot that contained some water.
Järgmiseks lisasin maarjajääga peitsitud lõngad. Kasutasin Novita Nalle lõnga. Kuumutasin neid ka umbes tund aega ning jätsin jahtuma.
Next I added yarns to the jars and simmered for another hour. Then I left them to cool. I used Novita Nalle natural colored yarns.
Siin on tulemused. Seened nr 2 ei andnud mingit värvi. 3 vasakpoolset lõnga on seened nr 1. Rohelised on saadud vaskvitrioli lisamisega. 2 parempoolset on seened nr 3, millest parempoolne samuti vasega peitsitud.
Here are the results. Mushrooms no 2 didn't give any color. Three yarns on the left are mushrooms no 1. For greens I added some copper. Two on the right are mushrooms no 3. Again green is from added copper.